At 3:44pm Shrewsbury Volunteers along with a full first alarm assignment were dispatched for a reported structure fire on Madison Drive in Shrewsbury Township. Chief 61 (Myers) enroute was advised by York County 911 receiving several calls for a possible fire in a second floor bedroom. First reports are a elderly female lives there and is unaccounted for. Engines 61-1, 61-2 and Rescue Squad 61 responded along with units from Rose Fire Co., Rose EMS, Glen Rock Fire Co. and Eureka Fire Department.
Engine 61-1 arrived with nothing showing from the front of the home. Water supply was secured and crews made entry and discovered a fire on the second floor rear bedroom. Crews from Shrewsbury and Rose contained the fire to the single room. All personnel checked for extension in the attic as well as adjacent town-homes. All residents were accounted for and there are no injuries. No extension of fire was found. The room was cleared of all burning debris and secured.
Fire cause was an unattended candle and listed as accidental. The unofficial estimate of damage is $15,000. All fire department units were clear by 4:58pm.